Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Road to Surrender

Why does it take me so long before I pray?

God already knows what my heart has to say.

Surrender, I must. Surrender, I might,

Why is it always such a huge fight?

I just think I have it all figured out,

God knows too, what that's all about!

He says ask, He'll give; seek, I'll find

I keep trying to open the door from behind.

Draw near to me and I will to you,

I'm tired of this seeming a hard thing to do.

Lord thanks for your patience, your unending love ,

Despite my shortcomings, it fits like a glove.

So I stand and come boldly to your throne of grace

And know that without you I'd fall flat on my face.

I seek first your kingdom, your heart and your soul,

And discover its in me to give after all.

I find in the struggle You're all that I need.

So humbly I bow and let You take the lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment