Tuesday, January 11, 2011

But......

"Just start." my daughter said.
She'd been asking me for ideas to get her photos and art 'out there' to possibly sell. I became a fountain of inspiration for her and so I asked in turn, perhaps you have some ideas for my writing.
Hence the response, just start.
What a novel idea I thought. Why is it so easy for me to come up with 101 ways for someone to accomplish their desires? And I can come up with 101 things I 'need' to do before I just start?
This seems to be a repeating theme in my life and in many different areas of it. It is not as if I haven't heard these words of wisdom before. It just resonated differently in my heart today. I was ready.
Joyce Meyer said on her program today. "Nobody on earth has more authority over yourself than you do. What are you saying to yourself?"
I need to challenge the doubts, rise up to the discouragement and trust God for this part of my journey. I keep saying if I don't put my heart into my writing now at the season I am in, then when will I?
So, you are now witness to my putting my pen where my mouth is. I'll do what I can, so that God can do the rest.
'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.' Philippians 4:13
What do you need to 'just start' today?

No comments:

Post a Comment