Friday, May 13, 2011

Glossing over Intimacy

Isaiah 62:5 'As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.
Gloss in my dictionary comes right after the word glory. It is in its proper place there. I have been discovering that I gloss over glory though.
My prayers have been that God take me deeper with Him. I believe that He has been taking different steps to accomplish this. I am trying to live out the truth that Joyce Meyer says, 'Jesus did not die so we could have religion, He died so that we could have deep, personal, intimate relationship with Him.'
Gloss according to Websters means a superficial luster or shine, a deceptively good appearance or my favorite one is; to give a misleading interpretation of.
As I have walked in relationship with God, I've often felt something is missing. I have given a good appearance of knowing Him. Don't get me wrong, I know that He loves me and He died for my sins. I know that I am forgiven and He provides many blessings. I am a sinner, saved by grace and I will go to heaven and have eternal life because I chose Jesus Christ as my Savior.
I know this all in my head but I think I have been glossing over the surface of the relationship with God. As I have prayed though, I believe He is moving it into my heart. I have been asking Him to help me KNOW Him. I want to live out of the love He has so freely given me. I weep now as I clearly see how He is answering my cries for help.
First He gave me an acronym that He wanted me to be H.O.T. for Him, Humble, Obedient, Trusting. Just that simple.
Next He made me aware of a workshop. Gifted, Called, Empowered. One of the teachings in this group of women was different forms of Spiritual disciplines and communicating with God.
Then I was invited to a women's bible study where they were studying a book called Satisfy My Thirsty Soul, ha need a I say more. It is an incredible book about learning to worship God in all we do.
Last, but I am sure not least, was an opening to attend a women's retreat. My mentor, Shannon Ethridge spoke and encouraged us to be completely His. She gave a series of talks based on her book about learning to love Jesus without limits.
As I move from glossing over to deep with God - which is extending far down from the top or surface. Will you come along with me?
I have discovered a deeper level of intimacy with my God only by spending more deliberate time alone with Him. I began with scheduling it and although I still do, I hunger for that time alone with Him now.
Thank you for answering my prayers Lord as I claimed your promise that if I will draw near to You, You will draw near to me. I pray that You will spark that hunger and thirst in others to really KNOW you. I know we will be changed by Your love. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment